Mission - Vision - Values
Future for KIDS Mission is to provide mentor driven out-of-school time programs and camps that focus on academics, athletics, and ethics to improve the lives of youth facing adversity.
Future for KIDS vision is that all children have the resources for a bright future.
Future for KIDS values the following as central to our success:
• Education: We encourage life-long learning
• Excellence: We are committed to upholding excellent program service to benefit the children in our community
• Diversity: We embrace diversity in all of its dimensions recognizing that mutual respect for individuality and the inclusion of all are vital for both personal and organizational success.
• Integrity: We hold high standards of character and integrity as the foundations upon which the organization is built
• Healthy living: We promote a commitment to physical and mental wellness and strive to be good role models for healthy behaviors
Future for KIDS is an organization recognized for excellence and innovation committed to creating brighter futures for our community’s most vulnerable youth.
Founder, Retired NFL player Rodney Smith was a child with a dream to be a professional athlete. Through the power of a strong adult mentor, Rod was inspired to succeed. He worked hard to attend The University of Nebraska where he played football and focused on academics. His successful football experience playing for the Cornhuskers led to the opportunity to play professional football. With a vision that all children should have the opportunity to participate in free, quality sports camps, Rod began the work of Future for KIDS. By bringing together fellow NFL Players, including Tony Brown and Rob Fredrickson, Rod built an organization that has touched the lives of many youth.
In 2006 Madonna Bistany took the helm to build and grow the organization. Madonna came to Future for KID with an extensive background in nonprofit growth and development.
Madonna’s vision was to create strong Mentor driven, out of school time programs for youth who face adversity and grow the youth sports camps to include a multitude of sports. By building a strong foundation and following a standard of best practice, Future for KIDS cutting edge youth programs and camps developed into one of the communities most recognized and relevant resources.