Mission - Vision - Values
Future for KIDS Mission is to provide mentor driven out-of-school time programs and camps that focus on academics, athletics, and ethics to improve the lives of youth facing adversity.
Future for KIDS vision is that all children have the resources for a bright future.
Future for KIDS values the following as central to our success:
• Education: We encourage life-long learning
• Excellence: We are committed to upholding excellent program service to benefit the children in our community
• Diversity: We embrace diversity in all of its dimensions recognizing that mutual respect for individuality and the inclusion of all are vital for both personal and organizational success.
• Integrity: We hold high standards of character and integrity as the foundations upon which the organization is built
• Healthy living: We promote a commitment to physical and mental wellness and strive to be good role models for healthy behaviors
Future for KIDS is an organization recognized for excellence and innovation committed to creating brighter futures for our community’s most vulnerable youth.
Founder, Retired NFL player Rodney Smith was a child with a dream to be a professional athlete. Through the power of a strong adult mentor, Rod was inspired to succeed. He worked hard to attend The University of Nebraska where he played football and focused on academics. His successful football experience playing for the Cornhuskers led to the opportunity to play professional football.
With a vision that all children should have the opportunity to participate in free, quality sports camps, Rod began the work of Future for KIDS. By bringing together fellow NFL Players, including Tony Brown and Rob Fredrickson, Rod built an organization that has touched the lives of many youth.
In 2002, Future for KIDS expanded to include direct service programs during the after school hours. The program model included placing mentors with at-risk youth keeping kids safe, off the streets and engaged in positive activities.
Through the dedication of Staff and Volunteers, Discover Your Future was officially launched in 2006. The program structure has evolved into a strong and important community service program that serves youth through powerful enrichment programs and sports & fitness camps throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Our youth are educated, inspired and motivated to be healthy and fit.
To date, Future for KIDS programs and camps have touched the lives of over 130,000children and their families.